Paid Registrations List Payment Methods instead of Payment Service Providers

Currently the user can select the payment method from a drop down. However, the drop down does not display payment methods. While the dropdown title states 'payment methods', it instead displays payment service providers instead which causes all kinds of issues.

For example this gives the wrong impression that you cannot use the payment service provider PayPal to pay by the payment method Credit Card.
We use PayPal to process both Credit Card payments as PayPal transfers. And we use the payment service provider Stripe to pay by the payment methods: iDeal, EPS, Apple Pay, Sofort?

The end user only gets confused by listing the payment service provider. They only care about payment methods.
Therefore the drop should display payment methods only. I suggest the following functionality:
  1. Add an admincp setting to add payment methods. For example: Apple Pay.
  2. Select the payment service provider for that payment method. For example: Stripe.
  3. Select a Font Awesome icon for the payment method.
  4. Only display the available payment methods in the dropdown for the payment methods. Also display the FA icon.
  5. Add a setting to display the dropdown OR to display the payment method icons for users to click on.
  6. When the user clicks on the Apple Pay payment method they are forwarded to Stripe.
IIRC correctly I posted this suggestion here or on xenforo.com some time ago and it was supposed to be implemented. Am I correct about this?

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried changing the display title for the payment profile?

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 12.03.03 PM.png

If that's set, it will be used instead of the title for the dropdowns:
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 12.03.58 PM.png

Consider multiple payment methods through the same payment service provider. For example:
Apple Pay through Stripe.
iDEAL through Stripe.
EPS through Stripe.

Show me how to display all 3 at the same time.