Ignore/Block Essentials Ignore/Block Essentials

ZackM

Some early feedback and suggestions based on my initial testing of the Ignore/Block Essentials addon:

It would be great if the "Show ignored content" message was removed and if quoted content of ignored users were also ignored. I think with twitter and facebook blocking someone makes them completely invisible. Seeing "Show ignored content" or quotes with "You are ignoring content by this member" makes it difficult to truly ignore someone in the way that making them completely invisible allows.

ZackM

Alright, pretty great with the update, but I've noticed a little quirk that could potentially cause problems...

So, I've set up an opt in user group via a custom user field user promotion that enables the 2-way blocking feature, but also prevents anyone that has opted in from creating new threads. Given the nature of my board, and the way threads are used and organized, I can't allow users to dictate that other users will not see a new thread, which is what would happen if someone using 2-way block created a new thread. I've tested this and it all works swimmingly. The issue is that the 2-way block is maintained even if the person that initiated it goes back and opts out of the user group. So now that they've opted out of the group, they can create a thread that will be unseen by the person that was blocked while 2-way blocking was enabled.

I also noticed the inverse, people that were ignored prior to enabling 2-way blocking do not become 2-way blocked once it is enabled.

Is there anyway that the initialized status of the ignore can be overridden when the 2-way option is enabled/disabled by the user?

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Is there anyway that the initialized status of the ignore can be overridden when the 2-way option is enabled/disabled by the user?
The 2-way ignore list is rebuilt when
  • The user enables/disables the 2-way ignore option from their account
  • The admin changes the setting for user groups allowed to use 2-way ignore
Please open a support ticket with a forum login we can use to take a look at your setup.

The issue is that the 2-way block is maintained even if the person that initiated it goes back and opts out of the user group. So now that they've opted out of the group, they can create a thread that will be unseen by the person that was blocked while 2-way blocking was enabled.
Can also you also include screenshots/link to how the user opts out of the user group?

ZackM

I created a custom user field in the user preferences area that is a simple check box:

Preferences.JPG

Checking that box triggers a User Group Promotion that puts the user into a "Blocking Enabled" user group:

Promotion group.JPG
Promotion preferences.JPG

The "Blocking Enabled" user group can not create new threads:

Group permissions.JPG

In the options for this addon I only allow people in that user group to use the 2-way feature:

Ignore options.JPG

Potential bug:
When someone you're ignoring has the most recent post in a forum, the forum list shows that thread as having the most recent post, but it shows the previous post. So if someone you're ignoring bumps a thread that hasn't been posted in for 5 days, the forum list will show that the most recent post in that forum was 5 days ago, even if lots of other threads have been active.

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Potential bug:
When someone you're ignoring has the most recent post in a forum, the forum list shows that thread as having the most recent post, but it shows the previous post. So if someone you're ignoring bumps a thread that hasn't been posted in for 5 days, the forum list will show that the most recent post in that forum was 5 days ago, even if lots of other threads have been active.
Thanks for reporting this, the latest release fixes it.

Upgrade installed. Bug fixed. I suggest you should provide rebuild (or cron? perhaps) function for previous execution that has already been made before upgrade. Currently bug fix only takes effects new permissions.

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Upgrade installed. Bug fixed. I suggest you should provide rebuild (or cron? perhaps) function for previous execution that has already been made before upgrade. Currently bug fix only takes effects new permissions.
You can do this by going to: AdminCP -> Setup -> Options -> [AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials: 2-Way Ignore

Take note of the User groups: Can use 2-way ignore user groups setting, then:

• Set it to: (None)
  • Save
  • Set it back to the user groups it had
  • Save