• Memorial Day Sale Ends In:
    Use Promo Code "AF_MEMORIAL_19" at checkout for 15% off your order

Awards System Award System Notifications

Zach

Hi there,

Currently using the [bd] Medal Award System, but happened to see this one and was very interested. I did just have a couple of questions before I buy though:
  1. From the screenshots, it looks like when someone requests or recommends an award, that gets processed in the Admin Panel. Is there any kind of notification that there are requests or recommendations pending, or does an Admin have to manually check the “Pending” section every once in a while?
  2. The answer to the above question pretty much rolls into my second question here, which is more of a feature request/suggestion (didn’t want to post it in the Suggestions section though since I technically am not a customer with the add-on as of yet). Is there any chance to have some kind of notification that there are Award requests/recommendations pending sent to the front-end (ideally a thread being created in a section)?
For some context: the way I currently have things set up is I have a section where users can manually request or recommend an Award by posting a thread in a section. All of my staff can see the threads in this section (threads are private for regular users though), which means everyone is informed and kept in the loop about a user requesting or recommending an Award. After a consensus is reached, a member of staff can give said Award. So it would be helpful to A.) have a thread posted in a certain section when an Award is requested/recommended and B.) the ability to give out an Award from the front-end. [bd] Medal allows Awards to be given from the front-end and your Awards system has a dedicated function to requesting/recommending Awards (among other things which I very much like). If I could get the two combined, then that would be fantastic! :D If these features come to this system (or if someone lets me know that I am ignorant and these features are already present), then I would be sold!

Thanks in advance,
Zach

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zach,

Thanks for your interest.

1. This is actually part of the next version, this message will appear in the admin dashboard Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 3.28.34 PM.png
2. This will most likely be added as an "alert" to admins using XF's alert system, similar to how users currently receive alerts when they receive an award

Giving awards through the front-end is also part of the next update ;)

Zach

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! It’s really great to hear that a lot of the functionality I am looking for is coming in the next update. The only other thing I’d need is some kind of notification for the front-end as well for those who can give out Awards (idea is moderators are notified about pending awards as well without me having to give them insanely limited Admin Panel access). You have me sold if that is coming at some point! :)

Zach

The alert notifications are fantastic, but I am more so talking about that "pending award" notification that currently displays in the Admin Panel coming to the front-end for people with the appropriate permissions. Am I right to assume that is coming in the next update as well? Thanks!

Just made the purchase and am very happy with everything so far! One question- is there a way to remove an award from someone? It’s pretty common for us to give out and remove awards based on different criteria that changes over time.

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zach,

That's great to hear! You can remove a user award through AdminCP -> Award System -> Approved Awards
Just check the award(s) to remove, select "Delete" on the bottom right and submit.

One last thing and I’ll be done for a while here haha... would it be possible to implement the ability to disable an award from being requested or recommended? Some of the awards we have imply rank and are given out automatically alongside a trophy, so there’s no reason for them to be requested or recommended. Just food for thought, but for the time being, I appreciate the option that will automatically deny an Award depending on how many times they have requested it in the past.

EDIT: Additionally, having the option to have a thread be created in a forum section in addition to the pending notification on the front-end and Admin Panel would be helpful in regards to keeping track of Awards that a user has requested/recommended and what action was taken on the request/recommendation.

AddonFlare

Administrator
Staff member
We'll add a feature to disable individual awards from being requested/recommended. The new thread on request feature is also a good idea; we'll most likely implement it in a future update. Thanks for your suggestions :)